Your mouse pad is bound to be dirty. Therefore, it’s essential to learn how to clean your mouse pad. This is your ultimate guide to getting it done. If you’re unaware of that, your mouse gets dirtier and gritty as you go through the day. It’s essential if you use the pad for everyday gaming! If you’re a lover of other gaming equipment components and want to keep it in top condition, then be careful with the mouse mat as well.
How to clean your mouse pad’ is a boring topic to write about. However, there are a lot of images that show setups that show a dirty mousepad is way too many. Therefore, we decided to come up with a simple tutorial. In the end, what does it do to have the most powerful gaming mouse if the pad is covered in snack crumbs and stains from a beer?
What’s the best way to wash the mouse’s pad? Let’s tackle it. In this guide, we’ll discuss the methods of cleaning hard mouse pads and those with soft cushions. After this article, you’ll be able to eliminate any excuses for not having a neat area to play on. The video below is an explanation and step-by-step instructions in the following.
Is it essential to wash a mouse mat?
As far as functionality is concerned, a dirty mat could cause issues with tracking because it interferes with the tracking sensor on the mouse. Grease, dust, or any other particles can be removed from the mat and interfere with the eye on the mouse’s lower part. If this occurs, it is possible to notice the cursor bouncing around unpredictably, moving across the screen, and not performing as expected. This can be a nagging issue, especially if you are using the computer for gaming; this issue can be a significant issue for the performance of your computer.
Different types of mouse Pads
Before getting into the specific steps, it is essential to understand that various mouse pads are available on the market. Below is a list of what you could find.
- RGB mousepad
- Razer mousepad
- Steelseries mousepad
There are many more of the above types and brands, but they’re the most popular you’ll encounter. The methods are simple, but they do be slightly different.
How do you clean a fabric Mousepad?
A variety of materials are used for the construction of mouse pads. Cleansing mousepads made of fabrics is easy. What you need to wash and the straightforward procedure is described below.
You’ll need the following:
Use mild dishwashing detergent in the kitchen. Do not use soap bars for dishwashing or floor cleaning products.
The sponge is used to scrub the area on the pad gently. The water soaks well and removes dirt with ease.
Cleaning towels should be set up in the same manner as they will be used to dry your pad.
Make Sure You Follow These Steps
- Use lukewarm water to wet the pad of your mouse. Place it on a bathtub or sink and add a couple of drops of dishwashing detergent.
- Apply the soap using your fingertips to spread it over the entire surface. With the aid of the soft sponge, wash off any dirt. Also, this will prevent the designs on your Mousepad from scrubbing off.
- After cleaning the surface, thoroughly scrub the second surface too. Rinse the pad thoroughly with water to remove the soap bubbles and lather.
- Dry the towel, then lay it out on the floor. Place the mouse pad on top and fold it on top. Apply gentle pressure to soak up the water. The towel absorbs excess moisture. It also helps prevent mold development in the stitching and on the surface.
- Avoid direct sunlight rays. Place the mouse pad in an air-conditioned area so that it can be dry.
- Be cautious and ensure that you do not use a rough scrub. A hard-wired brush or harsh scrubbing may damage the delicate yarn of fiber.
How do I Remove the RGB mousepad?
An RGB mousepad differs from other mouse pads since it’s gaming. It is essential to look after the Mousepad because it was designed specifically for professional gamers. For some of these mousepads selling for more than $50, you need to be sure that you do not damage the pads’ sensors or even materials such as rubber slips to preserve the pad’s quality.
The Things You Need
- Microfiber cloth
- Warm water
- Mild dish soap
- A bowl
What to do:
- Unplug all your electronics. Unplugging anything could harm your Mousepad or cause injury to somebody.
- Mix warm water with just a little gentle dish soap in an empty bowl.
- The microfiber cloth should be dampened in warm water. It is essential to ensure that the water isn’t too hot so that you do not damage the fabric.
- The cloth can be rubbed across the Mousepad’s surface to eliminate the grease and oil stain. Avoid getting near the wires.
- If there are any residues, clean your cloth, then remove it, ensuring it’s somewhat damp. It’s then run over the PD and wiped off the soap.
- There is no need for dry towels to clean down. The process can cause marks. It is better to let the Mousepad dry, with the wet side facing upwards.
- It’s the same. If you’re interested in learning how to wash a mousepad, that is Razer. Another gaming mousepad that follows the same steps. Please don’t put too much pressure on the Mousepad during cleaning to ensure you do not break it. This is the most effective way to understand how to clean a gaming mousepad.
How do I Remove the SteelSeries Mousepad
SteelSeries has a range of different mouse pads which are perfect for playing. They differ in comparison to the models mentioned above. If you want to know how to clean your large Mousepad or one that is small, then this is the area you need to pay attention to. Most mouse pads are constructed of cloth (except the ones with RGB or non-wireless); that’s why they have different processes. You should double-check your fabrics.
The Things You Need
- A towel or microfiber cloth
- Warm water
- Mild dish soap
- The dish or toothbrush
What to do:
- Ensure you fill a large bowl or sink with hot water and equal dish soap. The soap can be moved around to mix suds with the solution.
- Remove the Mousepad made of fabric and spray a bit of dish soap over the surface. Then, you can place it on a towel because it’s wet.
- Use your brush to rub the soap and pick off any accumulated dirt that may be on your Mousepad. Pay close attention to the Mousepad if it has begun to break. It could be because you are rubbing too very hard. Also, it could be because of the use of less expensive substances.
- Clean the bowl or sink and then fill it with warm water. It will help wash the Mousepad clean of soap. Get it out, and then ring it without damaging the material. Take as much water off of the fabric as you can. Then, allow it to air dry on the towels.
Cleaning a hard Mousepad
Mousepads made of more rigid materials and porous surfaces are slightly less complicated to wash than soft mousepads. This allows the user to clean them without worrying about damaging the surfaces.
Things You’ll Need
- Microfiber cloth
- Cleaning the screen or using rub alcohol
- Wipes for disinfecting (optional)
The Steps to Follow
If the Mousepad you use has USB ports, remove it before cleaning.
- Spray the cleaner onto the microfiber fabric or directly on the Mousepad. It is also possible to place the corner of your cloth with rubbing alcohol. Make sure to squeeze it before you clean it.
- Make sure to clean the Mousepad’s surface till it’s spotless, and focus upon areas of obvious dirt or grit.
- Then follow it by wiping with a disinfectant to ensure that germs are gone.
- Remove any excess water with a clean cloth. Allow your mouse to dry totally.
The frequency with which you wash your mouse pads varies. Many prefer washing it to make them look attractive, and others only clean it when they are dirty. It’s acceptable to clean the pad three to four every year.
But, if you spill your coffee or drop it into dirty areas, it’s advised to cleanse it right away. Mousepads can also be helpful to keep wrist injuries from prolonged computer use. Therefore, make sure that you keep the device properly.