Uber is an independent taxi company and is an early adopter in the transformation of how individuals travel in large cities. Many don’t approve of Uber, especially in light of certain practices that aren’t so great. Uber has been accused of having engaged. Many are shifting to Uber’s main competitor Lyft. Additionally, there are other new apps, such as Uber, hoping to capitalize on the growth of ride-sharing and keep from making the same mistakes as Uber.
Suppose you’re considering trying Lyft or one of the other Uber alternatives or ending your relationship with Uber since you don’t enjoy the service or do not use it often. In that case, One of the questions you may be asking is, “How do I delete my Uber account?” The answer is straightforward:
There are two ways that you can end or deactivate your Uber account. First, you can access your settings on the Uber mobile application, then go to your privacy preferences and remove your report. The other option is to go to the Uber website, locate the contact form for customer support and utilize it to request the removal of your account.
How to delete your Uber account
- Launch your Uber application on the device you are using.
- In the upper left corner of your display, press on the icon with three horizontal lines to display various menu choices.
- Near the end of the menu, click at the bottom, then tap the Settings option.
- Scroll down to select Privacy.
- Then, at the bottom of the page for Privacy, you can delete Your Account.
- After that, you’ll have to prove your identity again by entering the email and password that you used to sign in to your Uber account. If you are not using SMS texts enabled for your account, You’ll be asked to activate it by texting the phone number you have provided.
- After you’ve enabled SMS messaging for the Uber account, type in the text message sent to you into the Verification Code text box and then press Verify.
- You will be taken to a screen that will confirm that your account has been removed immediately. It takes 30 days for your account to be removed entirely from the Uber servers. This allows you to reinstate it if you decide to change your mind. Tap Continue to continue with the deletion.
- Uber will ask you to choose why you’d like to remove your account. You will be presented with a range of choices. Select the option that applies to you.
- Another screen will ask you if you’re sure you want to remove your account. Select Delete on the right-bottom of the screen, and you’ll be able to delete your account. The message will then notify you that your account was deleted.
You can remove your Uber account using the app on mobile. If you delete the Uber account, it’s deleted for 30 days before being deleted permanently. You can always reinstate your account within the 30-day limitation by logging in again.
Delete Your Uber Account From Uber.com
After you’ve removed your Uber account on your phone, we’ll look at how to do it on the internet.
- Step.1 First, sign in to Your Uber account. Scroll down to the bottom and click “Account Info.”
- Step.2 Scroll down until the final section, titled “Deactivate My Account.”
- Step.3 Click”Deactivate My Account” Step 3. Click on the “Deactivate my account” button. The account will be deactivated, and you will receive an email notification in your email inbox.
- Step.4 Verify that your account has been deactivated by clicking the link you received by email.
- Step.5 You can now delete your account from this page too. Go back to the menu, and select “My Profile.”
- Step.6 Make sure you click on the “Delete Account” “Delete Account” tab.
- Step.7 Input your email address and then enter your password.
- Step.8 Check that you have confirmed that your account has been deleted by ticking the following box “I understand I am permanently removing access to all personal information associated with my account.”
- Step.9 Click on “Confirm Deletion.”
What’s the reason I can’t delete my Uber account?
Answering this query isn’t entirely crystal clear. For example, you may be using the Uber application on your smartphone instead of an account on the site. If you’re looking for assistance with the app, you can contact the customer service staff at [email protected]
Can I Delete My Uber Account And Make A New One With The Same Number?
Uber is not able to allow you to remove your account. If you’d like to end your use of Uber, then you may disable your account. The deactivation of your account will temporarily shut down your account and any associated information. You can restart it if needed.
Can you delete the Uber profile?
Yes, you can delete your Uber profile. To do that, visit the app and select “Settings.” After that, scroll down until you see “Account” and tap on it. You will find an option that reads “Delete Account” in the lower right part of the display. If you tap it, you’ll get an alert box that asks whether you’re sure of the deletion of your account. Click yes, and you will be prompted to confirm that your Uber account has been removed.