Chrome is among the most used web browsers around the globe that is owned and operated by Google. The high-tech features that are available in Chrome are what make it unique and unique. The web browser is highly user-friendly; it is easy to comprehend and utilize. However, if it saves all of your information in Chrome, it could be an issue for security and easily accessed. Therefore, it is recommended to erase all data from your Google Account from Chrome PC or mobile device when it is not being used or required.
Are you aware that the faster and more sophisticated Google Chrome is, the more it could be risky for you? We all know that Google Chrome has access to your data via sync features such as the history of your web browser, passwords, and web history, making use of accounts linked to your Google account. The sync data is accessible from any device you have. Furthermore, any user can work on various machines without issues with essential emails, for instance.
How can you erase the synced data?
You’ll need to launch your Settings application on the device to delete synced information. Then go to the iCloud Storage section, then Manage Storage. Next, you’ll need to choose the device you wish to erase data from and click “Delete Data.
How to Clear Chrome Sync Data
- Log into your Google account using Google Dashboard.
- After logging in, you’ll find a page that lists every one of your current Google products. Scroll down until you see Chrome Sync. Then, select the Manage Chrome Sync link.
- On the next screen, you’ll find details about what features have been synchronized on your account. For example, extensions, applications autofill, Omnibox history bookmarks, and passwords exist. However, there’s no way to get detailed information on them.
- To delete all data synced to your Google account, Click to stop and click the Clear button that is located at the bottom of the page.
- Click OK to complete the process after seeing an acknowledgment message. The deleted information is not able to be restored. Be cautious and consider the consequences before you delete anything from Google’s servers. Your account will stop syncing with Google, as well. It is possible to sync the new content after deletion has been completed manually
Remove the Syncing
If you wish to erase files from your computer, delete the sync.
- click the “Back up and Sync “Back up and Sync” icon located on the taskbar of your computer, and then select “Preferences” from the settings.
- Remove the checkbox next to “Sync My Drive to this computer.”
- Select “OK” to apply changes.
If you decide to delete the files on your computer but not from Google Drive or Google Drive, the system will not transfer changes between your Google Drive and the computer automatically.
How do I delete Google Sync Data?
To erase the Google Sync Data, you’ll have to delete your Google accounts from the device you’re using.
If you have your iPhone or iPad On an iPad or iPhone, go on to Settings > > [Your name]] > iCloud > Remove Account.
For your Android smartphone or tablet, Go to Settings > Accounts > Google and select the Google account you’d like to deactivate.
When you’ve finished deleting your accounts, launch your Google Sync app and tap the three dots in the upper-right-hand corner.
Tap Remove Account, then confirm it with a tap Remove again.
To erase the Google Sync data, open the Settings app on your iOS device and tap “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.”
Tap the account you want to remove and then click “Delete Account.
Disable sync, but maintain your Gmail account
What do you need to do if you’d like to save previously saved messages and files? However, you do not want new messages to be downloaded onto your device. Turn off the Google account sync function, which will be corrected.
Open the Settings app. Go to Accounts, then tap on it. A list of synced accounts to the device will be displayed. Select the tab you wish to unsync, then tap it.
Select Sync Account, which will display an overview of all Google features synced to the account. Scroll to Gmail and then turn off the feature.
How can I erase the synced history?
Go to Chrome settings to remove synced data and select “manage synced data” under Google Drive. There, you can erase any history you do not want to sync.